[3830] SS SSB K1EP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1EP Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:22:56 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:   0
   80:  32
   40:  22
   20:  13
   15:   7
   10:   0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Since I was recovering from a head cold, I didn't want to make a serious SSB
effort here.  I decided to try for a sweep with only 80Qs without packet, but I
didn't make it.  Not an easy thing to do, given low power and a non-resonant
vertical wire.  I missed a couple of easy sections, like NLI, but they were
always S&P.  I think I also heard all the other sections that I missed (SC, ND,
NWT, OR, and AR) except for NWT.  Of course in CW I missed AK, ND, and MB which
I worked on SSB.  The low bands seem very long most of the time, not hearing a
lot of the local sections.