[3830] SS SSB VE8EV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john_boudreau@gov.nt.ca
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE8EV Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:08:48 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE8EV
Operator(s): VE8EV
Station: VE8EV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Inuvik, NT
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   23
   20:  338
   15:  387
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This year's SS was a personal best for me and I'm finally starting to feel like
I know what I'm doing.  I was expecting the auroral activity on Saturday to
keep me out of the game until Sunday but the high (not zero!) sunspot number
compensated somewhat, at least on the higher bands.  I managed to get over 200
into the log before before 15m and 20m closed up.  I wasn't expecting much on
the low bands Saturday night and I sure wasn't disappointed.  Between 0200 and
0700 my score increased by only 24 points!  Sunday morning the rate waxed and
waned with the aurora as I alternated between running and hunting for mults.  I
knew the sweep was lost after spending a half-hour calling VO1HE without
success.  Things finally picked up mid-afternoon and I even managed
back-to-back runs on 15m and then 20m until it closed up around 0100.  40m was
slightly better than the night before but practically everyone I could hear was
already in log so I pulled the plug and went home.

I'll post the usual in-depth write-up to http://ve8ev.blogspot.com later on
today.

73
John - VE8EV