[3830] SS SSB WK4P Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WK4P Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:41:20 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WK4P
Operator(s): WK4P
Station: WK4P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: West Jefferson, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:  204
   40:  529
   20:  326
   15:   39
   10:    0
------------

Club: Appalachian Contesters

Comments:

I entered the 2009 SSB Sweeps with 2 goals, 1. to get a clean sweep and 2. to
finally reach the 1000 Q mark.  I had accomplished the sweep before but never
had hit 1000 Qs, I usually spend too much time searching for that last section
or 2.  I determined this year that 1000 was a bigger goal than 80.

I missed the sweep by missing ND.  I searched for an ND station but never heard
one.  I even asked stations I worked if they had heard one recently.  No luck.
Funny thing is I ran the CW Sweeps QRP and worked 2 ND stations, go figure.

I did reach the 1000 Q threshold for the first time ever.  I let out a big
"Whoooo" when I hit 1000, probably sounded like Ric Flair had become a ham.
And I must admit it felt good to give out a 4 digit number the last 1 1/2 hours
of the contest.  Not too bad for a blind hillbilly with a small trap tribander
at 41 ft and a dipole at 60 ft.

Peace and 73
Adam WK4P...The Power