[3830] CQWW CW N2NL SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2NL SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:30:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   88    19       61
   80:  155    29       98
   40:  398    36      129
   20:  396    37      137
   15:  129    28       88
   10:   53    12       24
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated from home with verticals on the dock (over salt water).

This will probably be my last CQWW DX CW contest from this location, so I just
ran around chasing guys and playing in the pileups for fun.  The verticals get
out great, but running can be difficult as I hear QRN from all directions.  It
seemed to me, when compared with two years ago, that 160 and 80 were a bit down
from last time.  15 flat out stunk here, and I was unable to even work zones 20
and 16!  10m is always tough here, as all the stuff in zone 7 and 8 can usually
be worked only via scatter.  I know I am suffering with only a 40m vertical for
15, but don't want to risk performance on the low bands to put something better
up.  40 and 20 were outstanding.

It's always great working some rare DX, and this year was no different.  3W1M
was a big surprise on 15m LP, as was some deep LP stuff on the low bands, such
as VK9X and BA on 80, JA's and a YB calling me on 40 LP, and three JA's on
160.

What a great contest!
73, Dave N2NL