[3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@sm3wmv.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:33:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SE2T SM2LIY SM2WMV SM3JLA
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  720    24       82
   80:  899    31      111
   40:  443    31       98
   20: 1014    35      118
   15:  170    27       79
   10:    6     5        6
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

We were hoping for better propagation's, especially on the lowbands. Luckily the
bands recovered a bit on Sunday which made us catch up a bit in mults. 20m was a
big disappointment, the band closed pretty early to US. We have no real 40m
antenna (just a vertical) so this band was a huge struggle but we are kind of
happy with the result anyway.

We had one radio dedicated for 160m since we have a "monoband" amp for that
band. And we had two radios we shifted between running and mult hunting. We are
very happy with the 160m result and when we get more hardware up next year we
will be more flexible and the 40m result will hopefully have a huge
improvement. There is a lot of work to do to make this station a competitive
M/S station, but after just over one year at the new QTH we feel that we are on
the way to something good.

For more information on the station and also a way to see the progress at the
station, go to http://www.sj2w.se

/The SJ2W crew