[3830] CQWW CW N4YDU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4YDU SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:15:02 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   42    10       22
   80:  115    19       55
   40:  430    26       93
   20:  495    29       98
   15:  177    20       73
   10:   31     9       15
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Fun times as always. This was my best CQWW CW score in six years, but not even
close to the 2.2 million in 2003. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. 40 meters
was the big surprise. I had luck running on 40M the second night and ended up
with more than 400 qsos on the band for the first time in this test. That was a
good thing, because I was getting sick of tuning 160 and 80, finding mults and
then not being heard. 160 and 80 werenâ??t good, but I did snag a JA on 80. 20
was really good both mornings and 15 showed some signs of life. 10 meters was
better than deadâ?¦best DX was V51AS. Finished with a bang by working 9L5A on
80M for a double mult!
Special thanks to my wife for providing food and encouragement.
Rigs: ICOM 765 and ICOM 761
Ants:
160: Inverted L
80: Ground Plane and Inverted Vee
40: Dipole fed with ladder line at 65 feet (performed really well on 20 and 15,
too!)
20: Two Rectangle loops at 55 feet
15: Aluminum tubing dipole at 60 feet, rectangle loop at 45 feet
10: Dipole at 50 feet, rectangle loop at 45 feet
350 foot beverage, Carolina windom for second radio
Writelog softwareâ?¦.
Thanks for the QSOS!
73,
Nate/N4YDU