[3830] CQWW CW YN2GY(K9GY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YN2GY(K9GY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:48:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YN2GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: YN2GY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EK71au
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:  142    11       33
   80:  539    21       57
   40: 1189    21       71
   20: 1263    25       79
   15: 1184    23       52
   10:   94     9       11
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This is my best SOAB-LP WW CW effort ever for me :-)

I was well rested going into the contest. That probably played the most
significant part of this effort. CQ or NCJ had something about getting enough
sleep before the contest starts... so I tried to get more than my usual 6 hrs
each night (pre-contest). Slept for 3 hours before the start (20-23z) which
helps for sure. Then only slept for 3:15 during the contest. Used life savers
and trail mix to keep the energy level and drank water. Also helped to arrive
on Weds (late in the evening though) instead of the usual Thursday.

V26K goals of 6k Q and 8.4 pts gave me motivation. I was thinking I lost my
"mojo" during the ARRL Sweepstakes but that's probably related to trying to do
a contest from home. It would be interesting to recalculate this score as if I
was in a three point QTH and see what the difference would be (take that you P4
guys, hah!)

Also made an effort to have the USA QRX and work EU/JA first. Although from
here the JAs are mostly louder than USA.

Was doing fine on 40m at the end until someone spotted a US station near me and
all heck broke out. Not sure why a US stn would be spotted in the last few
minutes of a contest? People listen before you ruin someone's freq!
(from DXscape:  W1QK   09/11/29 2357Z   7044.0   by ON3AD)
BTW I was at 7044.4 ... nice contest but terrible last 10 minutes.

Always fun to do a contest from a DX location :-)
This is my 3rd WW CW as DX (all from Central America... past two in YS).
Hope the guys at YS4U had a blast!

FT-857d
FT-817 for 10m QSX

3L tribander
2L 40 quad
80/40 m combo dipole
160m dipole

Thanks to Octavio + Martha for being great hosts.
E-mail Octavio YN2N if you're interested in renting.
He has a FT-950 for use here.

CQ CONTEST!
Eric