[3830] CQWW CW N0HR SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pat@n0hr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N0HR SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:01:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:    7     5        5
   80:   60    27       15
   40:  200    25       80
   20:  312    27       96
   15:  117    20       59
   10:   23     6       13
------------------------------

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First CW contest with new radio (IC-7600). Played well - but I still have a lot
to learn. I also used a beta version of N1MM which allowed me to use the USB
cable rather than CI-V which was nice... However, N1MM would randomly crash
when I logged an entry.

Improved last year's score by almost 100 Qs.

Excuse list:
 SO1R - I'd love to try SO2R
 No decent low band antennas
 No amp
 No official SOAB(A) LP class
 Too often the response was to N0SR (dreaded H call)
 The midwest blackhole - sucks most of the RF out of the air around here

Who cares though? I had a great time and appreciate the guys with the great
ears able to pick me out of the mud. Thanks!

Pat N0HR
http://www.n0hr.com