[3830] CQWW CW VY2SS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2SS SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:18:51 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:   27     5        8
   80:  310    16       43
   40:  153    16       50
   20:  347    18       60
   15:  144    20       57
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

One radio (K3) Tribander and verticals.

I had a fairly good start on the low bands Friday evening but I had to quit at
midnight.

Then Saturday happened. I got up early and picked up some mults on the low
bands then went to 20M for the first time. No antenna. High SWR both through
the amp and barefoot. I proceeded to 15M and slowly picked up a few contacts
while I waited for it to open rechecking the 20M antenna from time to tome. 15M
finally did open and I had some nice runs on there for most of the day. Then the
amp quit about 4PM. I worked on that for 2 hours and finally decided I could
have more fun reading a book.

Then Sunday happened. I turned on the rig and tried 20M. Still no good. The K3
kept showing me a message that said 6M and an antenna symbol. Very slowly it
dawned on me. I am trying to contest on my 6M beam. I hit the ANT button and
20M was fixed! My K3 was trying to tell me what was wrong all day Saturday but
I was not listining. I did the rest of the contest mostly on 20 barefoot.

See you all next year!

-Robby
VY2SS