[3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:09:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Penshurst, England
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:  132    10       34
   80:  279    15       45
   40:  151    18       61
   20:  268    18       52
   15:  328    27       60
   10:   13     4       13
------------------------------
Total: 1171    92      265  Total Score = 858,585

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

For various reasons this was the first time in many years I didn't make
a serious entry, and it was quite nice to do the contest in a more
relaxed manner without a lot of antenna preparation in advance. It also
meant that when PA2RU tried to take my 80m run frequency I could spend
as long as it needed in the frequency fight, without worrying that my
score was being hurt. He moved eventually.

Was amazed to be called as early as 22.08 by W3LPL and K1LZ on topband
on Saturday evening, and the highlight was being called by 9L5A on
topband early on Sunday evening. Unfortunately I missed all of the US
prime-time opening on Saturday and two hours of it on Sunday, so the
points/QSO average is well down, and I didn't achieve the hoped-for 1M
points but the score is not bad for just 15 hours in the chair. Some
good runs on 15 and 20 on Sunday, pushing the rate meter over 300
several times.

Managed to find some marginal propagation to the balkans on Sunday
morning on 10m, and DR1A who had been audible for some time finally
heard my calls after about 10 minutes. LU1HF was the only DX worked.

FT1000MP, Ten-Tec Centurion, Tennadyne T8 up 50ft, 40m 4-square, 80m
inverted L, 160m inverted L, Win-Test 3.26

Dave G4BUO