[3830] CQWW CW W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:34:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   81    16       41
   80:  286    22       70
   40: 1140    35      105
   20: 1036    33      106
   15:  509    25       86
   10:   29     8       14
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Score up from last year.

160-only half the Q's of last year, I concentrated on this band the first night
because I didn't have my 20 over line noise since it rained Friday.  Sure enough
noise was back on Saturday (so no Europe worked then).

80-way down on Q's (700 last year), conditions to Europe way down could not run
at all.  But for the first time ever I ran JA (worked 44 JA;s) the most ever
worked here by about 40.

40-took up some of the 80 meter slack (700 q's last year) had 92 JA's (last
year maybe about 20).

20-a little down this year(93 JA's) but 15 took up some slack.

15-no run 1st day but went here very early on Sunday and ran.  (last year 116
Q's.)  6-JA's, none last year.

10-a little pick up here (last year 8 Q's).  Had an S5 noise on Sunday and of
course it was only to the SE probably didn't cost me much if any though).

Sunday I went directly from 80 (after running JA's) to 15 bypassing 40 and 20
to try and take advantage of running early there.

Thanks to all the DX peditions, it is getting harder and harder to do that
route.

I have run this contest for the last 35 years (+ or -) and can't imagine not
running it, even though my xyl comes in every once in a while and asks me if I
am having fun.

Thanks for all the Q's and thanks to CQ for the biggest and best contest there
is.