[3830] CQWW CW W5GAI SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W5GAI SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:56:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W5GAI
Operator(s): W5GAI
Station: W5GAI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    4     4        2
   80:    9     6        6
   40:  158    27       77
   20:  137    27       43
   15:   93    18       44
   10:   17     8       10
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This weekend is always tough to squeeze in time on the radio.
I managed 16 hours of S&P time. Averaged 26.6 Q's per hour, 2.3 per minute.
Chasing mults was sometimes difficult with low power.
First time trying assisted, which was more of a distraction than productive
compared to sweeping the bands unassisted. I quickly learned not to pounce on
new one too quickly as almost all the big guns were there too. By waiting a
while I'd then have a chance to get through in a few calls. K5NA was a
competitor in the S&P, but we didn't compete too much, and he always won :-)
I stayed on 40 most of Saturday night from 0400z-1230z , with brief excursions
to 80 & 160, hoping for one last band with TX3A. This took an hour, as he was
barely readable until finally marginal Q5 at 1215z.
Sunday at the end I managed to snag new mults from zones 24, 26, 27, 28 in
asia
on 20M.