[3830] CQWW CW N7ZG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7ZG M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:09:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7WA N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   17    10       10
   80:   72    20       32
   40:  430    34       92
   20:  440    31       80
   15:   95    20       44
   10:   19     6        9
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Dink and I have never done this one as a M/S so we thought we'd give it a try.
He got tired of hanging those 20 SB certs on his shack wall year after year.
He also spent some time, effort, money on putting up a 60 ft tower, TH6, and
40M rotating dipole for his mult station.

Murphy decided to show up just hours before start time and the TH6 was reading
0 ohms for some unknown reason.   So, we made alternate antenna plans.   He has
another TH6 at 60 ft on the other tower (a C31XR at 100 feet is for the run
station).

I had a blast on 80M easily working S53MM for zone 15.   This is a big deal for
us folks in the Pacific NW.   I was also able to work TX3A for a new country.
The fact that it was on 80 is just icing on the cake.   I was surprised that we
were able to do as well as we did on 10M.   I didn't think it would open at all
so it was nice for the mult count.

As always, I really look forward to this contest and really enjoyed it.   I
thought we did well.   Many thanks to Dink and XYL Diane for having me over.

73 - Guy N7ZG