[3830] CQWW CW VE6SV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6SV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:15:36 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6SV
Operator(s): VE6JAZ  VE6TL  VE6RST  VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sherwood Park, AB
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:  217    17       28
   80:  584    30       73
   40:  400    35      108
   20:  992    35      111
   15:  374    27       62
   10:   27     8       14
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We enjoyed the CW event and local prop conditions here at 53 deg north was OK.

10M - open for only 2hrs, much QSB and only N to S opening
15M - no substantial EU opening, OK to Crib and short to JA
20M - provided worldwide openings that were short windows no major EU
40M - short worldwide openings only at local sunrise and sunset
      EU big guns strong but we could not run EU
      We made a strategy mistake by not tuffing it out
80M - OK very happy with the productivity in Qs, Zs,and Cs
160M - We heard less than 30% of what was spotted by others and worked
       only 70% of what we heard

Without Eu we are unable to be competitive from VE6 land regardless of the
size of antenna hardware one has at the station.

Saying - we still had some great fun. Thank you for all the contacts.

73 from VE6JAZ VE6TL VE6RST VE6SV
www.ve6sv.com