[3830] ARRL 160 VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:16:23 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 381  Sections = 69  Countries = 8  Total Score = 60,753

Club:

Comments:

A total S&P effort again from here. My apologies to those that tried to QSY me
and I couldn't later find.

Running only 80W here to avoid RFI issues with the smoke alarm. First 160m
contest with the new antenna this season. It is just a Delta DX-A sloper
mounted at 48' sloping at 45 degrees towards the south.

Conditions seemed quite reasonable both nights with only an S6-7 noise level.
Amazingly I was able to work everyone that I could copy. I find it astonishing
that some of the stations could copy me when they were right at my noise level.
This is just a testament to their superior stations and receiving set up.

Missed NLI, PR, SFL, LAX, ORG, SDG, MAR, NL, NT, SK and of course MB. Did
managed to work C6AKQ, PJ2T, HC8GR, 6Y7J, XE2S, VP5CM, ZF2AH, and CT1JLZ for my
DX content. Did not hear any other EU or AS stations. Of course I did hear the
left and right coasts working EU/AS but not a sniff here.

Did manage to work every state this weekend for 160m WAS. Now to just get the
QSL' out. Worked several stations from DE but none of them are active on LOTW.
DE on CW is the last one for me for the triple play and also for WAS CW.

I wasn't going to put too serious an effort into this contest but just for fun
I looked up the contest records for my section and realized with 200 QSO's
already in the log, that a new record might be within reach. Stayed in the
chair long enough to surpass the old one so hopefully the score checkers are
kind.

Thanks for all the QSO's and the patience. Hopefully MB made it into your log.

See you all on Dec 19 for the RAC winter contest.

73

Ed, VE4EAR