[3830] ARRL 160 N9ADG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9ADG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:28:09 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9ADG
Operator(s): N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

Total:  QSOs = 99  Sections = 48  Countries = 0  Total Score = 9,504

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

A bad cold (STILL have it) and weekend activities limited participation, so just
got on for a while on Saturday evening. Danny K7SS has been trying QRP on 160,
so thought I'd be a kindred spirit. There are a lot of folks with very good
ears on 160.

Tortured KM4D a few times -- he had great ears, however we just couldn't make
the Q for some QRM. W1OP was an 'almost' too. Heard but didn't work PJ2T, the
VP5, etc. Didn't hear any VT this time. Would have liked to stay up for HI and
Asia, just couldn't do it.

Some ops CQ and CQ and CQ and will pause slightly when they hear my signal -
not sure if they don't want to work for it or are afraid they might lose the
frequency to work a weak one.

Thanks to everyone for working hard; each completed Q was a thrill!

Brian N9ADG Preston, WA