[3830] ARRL 160 VA2EW(VE2TZT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA2EW(VE2TZT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:05:06 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montreal
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1528  Sections = 79  Countries = 49  Total Score = 470,656

Club: C Group du Quebec

Comments:

The only changed things from last year were the new callsign and the far better
propagation conditions from previous years. Guess  which one is responsible for
this best ever personal score.
Saturday night  was a real fun with at a the best time, one JA station calling
in the left ear and one EU station calling at the same time in the right ear of
the K3 headset in diversity mode.
The JA was perfectly clear and strong, not the smallest flutter or noise:
crystal clear propagation !

Sunday was more average.

One developing bad practice: more and more guys are S&Ping on second RX while
supervising â??â??theyâ??â?? run frequency. Then, the frequency seems unused,
you can listen several tens of seconds without any signal and when you send QRL
? a burst of CQ is sent. If you stay, after this CQ, again the frequency come
back to silence for tens of seconds. You can play to this game a long time
before the guy realises that it is the same person who send the QRL?â??s and
restarts the CQâ??s seriously. I find this behaviour really egoist and unfair.

Sometimes I need to find the good beverage  before being able to read correctly
the caller and with â??â??deregulationâ??â?? of US callsigns I am often lead to
switch  in the wrong direction (W2 being in CA etc...).

 Many thanks to all the callers especially to ones I asked for many repeats.