[3830] ARRL 160 K1LI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1li@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1LI Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:55:38 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1LI
Operator(s): K1LI
Station: K1LI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 832  Sections = 70  Countries = 29  Total Score = 180,477

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: Elecraft K3 + Alpha 91B
Antenna: Bent vertical dipole

CAUTION: Don't operate a contest while taking pain meds! I woke up after
unconsciously taking a nap with my hand on the "dah" paddle. Sorry to all on
1821 !! A bad toothache and the need for sleep limited my participation, but it
was still a lot of fun.

Great conditions for my first ARRL 160m contest. Worked all states but AK. Got
a call from JA8ISU on Sunday morning. Many good EU signals. The K3's robust
front end and great selectivity made it possible to pick some weak DX signals
out from between stronger domestic ones.