[3830] ARRL 160 WO9S Single Op QRP

To: Contest distribution <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WO9S Single Op QRP
From: "Jonathan L. Rosner" <rosner@hep.uchicago.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:25:16 -0600 (CST)
CALL USED: WO9S        ARRL SECTION or COUNTRY: IL

   Single Operator       784 QSO points    QRP

50960 Claimed Score    386 QSOs    65 Multipliers     13:45 Hrs of Operation

ARRL AFFILIATED CLUB NAME: Society of Midwest Contesters

Rig: ICOM IC-706 (Mark I) at 5 w
Antennas: Quarter-wave half slopers NE and SW; temporary NE-SW loop for RX

Comments:

Amp was down (again) this year.  Encouraged by working SV3RF with 5 watts
the night before the contest, I decided to try QRP.  Even more satisfying
than with 100 W at our noisy QTH;  still could work most stations S9 or
over.  Comparable effort last year (14 hours) yielded 525 QSOs and 72
mults with 100 watts.  Previous HP scores were 463 Q's, 74 mults in 2007
and 532 Q's, 60 mults in 2006.