[3830] ARRL 160 N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 06:10:37 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 226  Sections = 44  Countries = 5  Total Score = 22,883

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My best 160M effort so far with a very poor antenna. The 80m dipole doesn't like
160 too much but seems to play well in certain directions. I need to get an
inverted L up before the CQ contest.

Overall, I got to the west coast for the first time (thanks K7RAT) and worked
ZF2 and VP5 in the Caribbean. Lots of Canadians with ON, QC and MAR stations
generally loud here. Sorry if I called CQ on top of anyone. I did send QRL at
least twice to check the frequency. It's hard on to hear with a poor receiving
antenna. The Omni 7's noise reduction circuit works extremely well and I was
able to pull out many Q's that were impossible to hear otherwise.

Radio: TenTec Omni 7 at 100W.  Antenna: 80M dipole coax fed at 35 feet

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73  Rick  N1DC   (Braintree MA - EMA)