[3830] ARRL 160 W0UO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0uo@citbroadband.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0UO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:17:59 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0UO
Operator(s): W0UO
Station: W0UO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 919  Sections = 77  Countries = 22  Total Score = 190,575

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first year with both an effective receiving antenna (a 313 ft by 15
ft rectangle BOG) and a new K-3.  Unfortunately, the last round of
thunderstorms left me with significant line noise either very close to home or
in the favored direction of the beverage (or both). The K-3 noise blanker and
DSP handled the noise very well for the most part.  I never got the rates I
hoped for the first night, ending with 651 QSOs after dupes and, of course, the
second night was the usual grind. Multipliers and score were, however, a
personal best.

The beverage performed well, with deep nulls to both California and the
Carribean and was very effective to Europe, W1, W8 and W0.  It is pointed about
25 degrees.

My thanks go to the Europeans who answered my CQs, my apologies to those I
might not have heard.

I am impressed by the number of low power statins making over 100,000 points,
good job!

The effort by the Minnesota Wireless Association is impressive to say the
least. Great guys and good ops!

W0UO