[3830] ARRL 160 K9IG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K9IG Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:07:50 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9IG
Operator(s): K9IG
Station: K9IG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1260  Sections = 79  Countries = 22  Total Score = 262,398

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a weekend.  I really had to work to get the Qâ??s this year.  Electric
fence hash made it work at times with some fun too.  I apologize to those that
I CQâ??d over or just couldnâ??t pull through.  If you were to the west of my
QTH â?? especially to the northwest â?? that would be to whom Iâ??m speaking.

The fence noise killed me all weekend.  I bought an ANC-4 a few weeks ago,
installed a special antenna for it to make sure I captured the noise and then
mixed it with the K9AY array and beverages â?? it helped a lot â?? but to the
folks that were just in the noise â?? you were just noise unfortunately.  I had
a very tough time with any station west of Colorado it seemed.  There were lots
of W6â??s out there but boy it was hard to hear them at my QTH.  LAX was my
last California section, and the last section for me to pick-up on Sunday right
at sunrise was AK, missing only NWT.  I never heard a JA, although I heard
others calling or responding to JAâ??s.  Early Sunday morning I had some weird
sounding signals from the east coast, fluttery, almost like signals coming over
the pole (and really hard to copy).

I had some great runs like last year, my QSO total was pretty good but I
didnâ??t get the EUâ??s that others did.  I got more than last year, but not
like I should have.  It appears to have cost me â?? again.  I saw someone post
about dupes and how they seemed higher this year, I would agree.  I usually
just work them and move on but as Sunday started to come to a close, and my
patience was ebbing,  I told them we had QSOâ??d before.  Oh well â?? it was
still fun.

Thanks to all for the Qâ??s, the participation in this contest amazes me.  Even
during the day.  I called CQ on Saturday at 2pm and would have an occasional
station respond.  Thanks to my XYL as well.  This weekend was her baby shower
and we had in-laws and guests from out of town in the house.  She was gracious
in keeping them out of the shack to say HI during my runs, and allowing me to
play.  Also congrats to Julius, looks like he got another one this year.

73/Greg
K9IG