[3830] ARRL 160 VE6WQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6WQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:52:09 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6WQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 462  Sections = 74  Countries = 7  Total Score = 76,545

Club:

Comments:

Original plan was to operate from Don's VE6JY using the new full size 4 square.
However a major winter blizzard made it impossible to get out to Lamont so
operated from home. Quite good conditions here but not many DX multipliers to
be found this far north and west. Used the new inverted L and worked very well.
At the beginning of the contest I noted that my receiving loop was not working.
Found the coax had been cut. Thankfully Neil VE6TCK was able to help splice it
together on Saturday for the second night. So if you called on the first night
the QRN level was very high and hard to hear the weak stations.