[3830] CQWWDX CW-2009

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWWDX CW-2009
From: "Nikolai Enchev" <casdkar@rozabg.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:37:24 +0200
CALLSIGN: YM3A
CLUB:
CONTEST: CQ-WW-CW
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: 40M
CATEGORY-POWER: HIGH
CATEGORY-MODE: CW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CLAIMED-SCORE: 1505175
OPERATORS: LZ1NK
NAME: Nikolay Enchev
ADDRESS: po box 176
ADDRESS: Karlovo,  4300
ADDRESS: Bulgaria

QSO's - 1134
Zone's - 40
Countries - 135

Score - 1 505 175 p.

Remarks: Again not so pleasant adventures during my last expedition in the
Asiatic Part of Turkey. Terrible night of departure because my old Nissan
Vanette was broken and I had no any possibility to transport my Monster Spider
Beam ( 3 el. for 40 meters). Hopefully the family car was available and I had
to picked up only the main equipment ( FT 1000 MP and ACOM 2000 A ) and spare
GP based on 12 m Spiderbeam fiberglas pole. Finally I arrived on the spot and
succeeded to install the equipment and to errect the only antenna I had.
Frankly it was not the proper receiving antenna but because of the lack of time
I did not take any other wire antenna. Instead I was lucky for stable and quick
mobile Internet (thanks Turkish Telekom). The contest begun incredibly well and
up to the late Saturday the pileup did not stopped which allowed me to make
more than 2200 contacts. Unfortunately my multiplier was not so good and I had
to spare time to improve it. The strong traffic during Satur
 day changed my preliminary rest schedule
and it made me additional difficulties. Early Saturday morning between 1.00 and
5.00Z  I had to stop due to strong tiredness. Saturday become calm, not many
stations called me which was changed an hour after sunset. My GP did not allow
me to hear many weak stations or I had to ask for repeating. So I would like to
apologize everyone I did not succseeded to hear and put to the log.
 Special thanks to my hosts from Karajabey municipality especially to my local
friend Adem.
  Finally the pleasure was great.
I hope we will meet again next year.

73! Nick, LZ1NK