[3830] ARRL 10 VE4EAR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE4EAR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:21:31 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   CW:   59    25
  SSB:   72    17
-------------------
Total:  131    42  Total Score = 15,960

Club:

Comments:

I am surprised there was any propagation from Manitoba south this past weekend.
It was so cold I figured the electrons were almost frozen!

Very limited participation. Checked for activity a couple times during Saturday
afternoon and only found some PY and LU stations. Saturday night late there was
a sporadic-E opening to the SE, mostly VA, IL, IN, GA, AL, KY, and TN.

Sunday morning no activity was noted. Checked around 2200z and there was some
deep South America activity. Just after 2300z it was if someone flipped a
switch and the sporadic-E patch moved and there were instant pileups on both CW
and phone. Found a spot on phone and ran 60Q's in the last 18 minutes of the
contest. My apologies to those left waiting after the bell rang.

This would have been a much different contest without the bandscope on the
7700. Being able to see band activity on a quiet band is a great tool.

Season greetings from chilly Manitoba.  Hope to hear everyone next weekend for
the RAC winter contest.

Ed
VE4EAR