[3830] ARRL 10 W4PK M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4PK M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 03:42:45 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.7

   CW:  111   444
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  111   444  Total Score = 15,540

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Limited operating time due to way too many other commitments dealing with the
Christmas season.

Lost power for 5 hours Sunday afternoon, just as South America was opening up.
I have an emergency generator but I soon found out that when I keyed my radio
the keying transients on my power line would keep tripping out the UPS on my
computer.  After about an hour of this the UPS backup battery was depleted and
then the computer would shut off (in the middle of a QSO).  I could have
bypassed it, but it was time to quit anyway and help my wife with our Christmas
decorations.