[3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@p40a.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:40:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:   18     7       14
   80:  108    12       41
   40:  609    20       61
   20: 1468    22       76
   15:  841    20       47
   10:   24     8        8
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I had an enjoyable vacation to Aruba with my XYL, Leslie.  We spent much time
going to the beaches, various restaurants and celebrating her milestone
birthday which occurred during the trip.  I had not operated CQWW CW from Aruba
since 2006 and I looked forward to operating this contest in the 5 watt QRP
category.   At the start, conditions on 20m seemed very good and I had a very
nice Japan and US run before switching to the low slower bands.   The first
night went pretty well and when the sun came back out 20m was again in great
shape producing some nice runs.  During one 60 minute period I worked 163
stations which is incredible for QRP.   Unfortunately, 15m never opened very
well into Europe and 10m hardly opened anywhere leaving me very short on
multipliers.  On Sunday my rates were considerably slower and the pileups
difficult to crack at this power level, leaving me with a lower score than I
had hoped for.   Conditions were considerably worse than during CQWW phone the
previous month.    It was a great trip and it was nice to see W2GD / P40W and
AE6Y / P49Y who both dropped by the house to say hello.   Thanks for the QSOs.
Please QSL via WD9DZV.

73,
John
john@p40a.com