[3830] OK RTTY W0YK M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY W0YK M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:21:10 -0800
                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40:   49  165       8
   20:  171  234      13
   15:   58   61       6
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  278  460      27        0  Total Score = 12,420

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My purpose in this contest was to see if I could come up the learning curve on
N1MM Logger far enough to use it in the ARRL RTTY Round-Up.  A lot of things
worked great and I think the call queue, in particular, is wonderful.  However,
there were 17 issues that I was not able to resolve using the Wiki Help files or
just by playing around.  A few of them are non-starters for me.  I was
configured as a multi-two and when I ran the log sync feature, about 140 QSOs
and 25 mults were deleted from the middle of both logs.  Another show-stopper
was the inability to get a second decoder running in parallel on the same audio
stream.  I never could get the DXP38 to play.  For now, I'll assume that all my
problems are of my own doing rather than software bugs.  But, there are far too
many to resolve by 2 January, so I'll stick with old reliable WriteLog which I'm
much more comfortable with due to using it for several years and tens of
thousands of contest QSOs.

Thanks to everyone who called in and endured my ineptness at times with the new
(to me) software.  I sincerely apologize for the 140 QSOs that disappeared from
the log and won't be on LoTW or availabe for QSLs.

Ed - W0YK

P.S.  Since I ignored the 5-minute band-change rule, I entered as a multi-op
and the only choice on this 3830 form was MS, but that isn't right either.
Maybe this can be a checklog!