[3830] 9A CW SJ2W(SM2WMV) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@sm3wmv.com
Subject: [3830] 9A CW SJ2W(SM2WMV) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 06:07:54 -0800
                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:  145    36
   80:  301    45
   40:  282    43
   20:  254    49
   15:   43    18
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1026   192  Total Score = 535,104

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I had plans to do the contest high power but when I arrived to the QTH and was
gonna test the amp something is wrong with it. So I decided to go barefoot and
was about to quit a few hours in but stuck in there. I slept 2 hours but sat in
the chair rest of the time.

I am happy with the result, new SM record at least and I beat my old HP record
too which was taken at the old QTH. I suffered from just having a vertical on
40m, but next year this will be improved and I'll try to do a good result in
the HP category instead. First time > 1000q for me in this contest. Last year I
did SB 80 which was not to recommend so this year even though LP it was a lot
more fun.

US signals on 20 were amazing but extremely low activity. Fun to work W7LR on
160m with just 100W (!) and also a few other big guns.

FT1KD + IC-7400
160m: 37m vert + 8 bevs
80m: 4-SQ
40m: Vertical
20m: 6el mono
15m: 6el mono
10m: 6/6el mono

Next one will be CQ 160 CW! Tnx for all qsos!

See the progress of the station on the website,
http://www.sj2w.se