[3830] OK RTTY KE1HA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke1ha@yahoo.ccom.com
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY KE1HA SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 08:03:13 -0800
                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: KE1HA
Operator(s): KE1HA
Station: KE1HA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Helena, MT
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   33   99       2        0
   40:   79  279      17        3
   20:  210  244      24        2
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  322  622      43        5  Total Score = 29,856

Club:

Comments:

* - First Time for this Contest, was allot of fun.
* - Last Contest as KE1HA, will be KI7MT as of 22-DEC-09

Conditions / Bands:

40M/80:  Well, I've operated in worse, but not much worse. 40M/80M from the
contest start, through all the hours of darkness (local),  was absolutely
horrible here in MT. Not allot of noise, just no propagation to the East at
all. I managed to work 3 OK stations right at the start, but that was it for
40M.

I heard one, maybe two ZL's all night, no VK's at all. I worked the one ZL I
did hear. Normally, I can work VK / ZL from about 0500Z to 1300Z just like
working locals on 40M during the day, but not this weekend. I heard (saw) East
Coast NA stations working EU most of the night on 40M, but very few on 80M, I
did not hear any EU stations all night here in MT.

10M/15M/20M:  Conditions was pretty good Saturday from Sunrise to the contest
end, although there were times when things were slow, and I had a few things
around the house to do as well. I saw fair activity on 15M's but I was busy on
20M's so I didn't jump don there, probably should have, just for the multi's.
Didn't see or hear a peep on 10M. I thought the Class C Flare we had mid-week
would may have helped some, but not to be.

Operations:

I managed to work HL5BMX about 20 minutes before the start of the test, but he
was gone when the contest started. Had a crack at two different China stations,
but could not in good faith put them in the log. K1SFA (operating K1TTT I think)
was like a Beacon on all bands, as was P40YL Sue in Aruba with their new station
setup. These two ladies should be commended for their efforts, no matter which
band I was on, they were there and very loud. Pulled in TI8II Saturday, that
was a nice treat, TNX for another band. EA1DR needed MT and found him late on
Saturday afternoon. Had 6W7RV gave me a call, that was a suprize. Lots of JA's
on 20M again, you guys always make my day in the last 2 / 3 hours of the
contest, TNX ! :-). With the RAC Winter Contest going at the same time, VE's
were way down!!. Still managed to pull in a few. The Radio-Memory contest
seemed to have the UA & RA stations pretty busy. Also saw spots for the 9A
contest.

Overall, had allot of fun with this one. I wish the band conditions were better
on 40M/80M, but, that's the way it goes. Should have jumped on 15M for the
multi's, another lesson learned there. TNX to the Cesky Radio Club for putting
on the event, was a pleasure to operate in it. TNX as always to all the DX for
their participation. See you in the ARRL RTTY Roundup.

Station (SO1R-LP):
Radio: FT-2000D (FSK)
Power: 90W Class A
AMP: AL-1500, Not Used
SW: N1MM + MMTTY
Interface: US Interface, Navigator
Ant-1: 600ft Loop @ 70ft
Ant-2: 40M Phased Verticals (030 or 210 Broadside 120+300)
Ant-3: 20M Phased Verticals (030 or 210 Broadside 120+300)
Bev: 1080ft NE/SW, 580FT E/W

73's
Greg, KE1HA ( Look for KI7MT in the Next One )