[3830] TBDC AH8DX/W7 Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ah8dx@msn.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC AH8DX/W7 Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:08:22 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: AH8DX/W7
Operator(s): AH8DX
Station: AH8DX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 15  Total Score = 61

Club:

Comments:

RIG: Elecraft K2
PWR: 5W
ANT: Inverted L

I used this weekend to improve my 160 Mtr traveling station that I travel
around the world with. Mainly started with the RX antenna's first as I have had
difficulty with bev's sitting on the coral. I am making progress though as my
sunrise on Saturday morning before the contest, Chak, JT1CO was a true 589 on
my K2. I have a Drake R4C sitting here waiting to be sent to Rob at Sherwood
Eng. next month. It was fun hearing all of the DX finally.

I put up a temporary inverted L mainly so that I could work on a traveling
ground radial system that is fast and easy to deploy. In the last three weeks I
have put down 60 radials and each weekend will add a few more. My main XMIT
antenna is a AH8DX Palmyra Special using 40' of collapsable lightweight
aluminum tubing that collapses down to just 3.5' and a collapsable 27'
fiberglass surfing fish rod. I use 77' of #12 wire attached to the rod where it
is joined at the top of the aluminum tube section. The end of the wire is tied
off at just 15' above the ground.

Tnx for all of the ops that heard my 5W this weekend. I mainly enjoyed
listening to the DX on the band.

I thought of my gud ole friend Bob, W7GG, this weekend as I tuned across the
band. I miss him dearly.

Gud Dx,

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA