[3830] TBDC K3TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K3TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:17:10 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 193  Total Score = 867

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

TS-850 to 51' T antenna

First Stew contest for me, and I'm not a VHF contester - having the grid square
as the exchange threw me for a loop at first. The first few QSO's I kept
blanking when someone would come back with "EN..." - I kept thinking it was a
cut number RST or something.

I could hear a lot more than could hear me. Probably if I had run the 400w amp
I would have been balanced in rec/xmit range, but CE1/K7CA was loud and he
could never hear me. Ditto for several EU stations.

I really enjoyed the scoring algorithm, got obsessed looking at the N1MM QSO
point readout. I spent a lot of time calling weaker stations to maximize the
points that would come back. I think UA2FF or SK2W was my top score - a 22
pointer - worth 11 FM19ers!