[3830] TBDC VE6WQ(@VE6JY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE6WQ(@VE6JY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:20:41 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alberta
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 563  Total Score = 3,730

Club:

Comments:

This contest was an opportunity to play with the new full size 160M 4 square at
VE6JY. Although I had used it in the RAC contest last weekend this would be its
first real test in a contest. The antenna performed extremely well and we were
clearly being heard and never had to use the beverages on receive. Conditions
up here were better than expected. The solar wind was a concern but calmed
enough for us to work 23 Europeans although the signals were not that strong
and suffered from a lot of QSB. Europe from this location is a real challenge
on 160M so really glad to make it across the pond. Also worked 40 JAs with
reasonable signals and 2 VK6's for 31 points each. As always Don was a great
host making sure I was fed and watered.

Hopefully conditions will hold for the CQ 160M contest next month.

Equipment ICOM IC-7800, EMTRON amplifier, 4 Square