[3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:03:18 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): ~ 7:45

Total:  QSOs = 165  Total Score = 1,084

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

As always this is an enjoyable international Topband event.

I was unable to operate during some prime activity hours this year due to
family visiting for the Holidays so I decided to just have some fun and S&P as
time permitted for the long-distance QSOs, particularly EU.  Due to less
band-crowding and the nice points-incentive to work the distant stations for
this particular event (thanks much Boring ARC for your great work!) it is
certainly easier to hear AND attract the attention of DX...esp. for us LP
guys.

I was happy to put 22 EU plus 3 additional Caribbean DX stns in the log during
limiting operating as I tried to bolster my score via the "long-distance" Q
vice the rate-meter...it's a Topband Distance Contest right??!!  Kudos to UT8IM
for my "most patient QSO" as we struggled mightily with QRM and QSB but finally
completed the QSO...as well as being my most distant contact at 7918km.  Also,
to UW2M with a strong signal who was second in distance @ 7823km at my QTH.
Many thanks to ALL the great ears for hearing and working this LP station.
And...always cool to work W1BB and hear the spirit of "Mr. 160 Meters" during
this event!

I look forward to working many of you in the upcoming CQWW 160 and throughout
2010...Happy New Year to all.

Rig:  ICOM 737 @100w to 3/8 wv Inv L (W1BB inspired!) < 36' vert with 18 mostly
1/8 and a few 1/4 wv ground radials on 100' x 200' suburban lot, occasional use
of very short NE/SW unterminated B.O.G. Rx ant, N1MM Logger.

73,  Bill  W1WBB