[3830] RTTY Roundup W6NF M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W6NF M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:27:52 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W6NF
Operator(s): W6NF, K7MKL
Station: W6NF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Silver Springs, NV
Operating Time (hrs): 9:41

------------
   80:   10
   40:  166
   20:    0
   15:   30
   10:    0
------------
Total:  206  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 10  Total Score = 11,124

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Real bad Pogonip (the ice, not the stuff the Walt Kelly character used) made my
80-meter vertical impossible to tune. But still had a great time. 40 was quite
good...worked my first RTTY Q's with UW and E21. Mt KT34-XA has a bad run of
coax so all 15-meter Q's were on the 40-meter vertical...worked pretty well but
no antenna for 20 (the IC-746 tuner does not like a half-wave vertical).

K7MKL (my wife) had a great time early in the contest after she came home from
work...50+ Q's and a learning experience. She picked up N1MM Logger real quick
and now officially loves RTTY operation! Time for an upgrade while the interest
is there. Her only difficulty was some confusion when XE2K sent 599 599 599. And
that on her first RTTY DX QSO.

One question: Why did I work *no* DC/DE/MD/PA? That was very weird!