[3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 18:57:33 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  138
   40:  479
   20:  805
   15:  346
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1768  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 50  Total Score = 189,176

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I had trouble setting up the software for this contest. Writelog wasn't
controlling the LPT A/B signal properly, which is essential for a lot of
switching here. N1MM was also doing some goofy things. I thought I had finally
gotten both of them under control, but Writelog failed again 5 minutes before
the contest. I switched to N1MM and got through the contest with it. It's not
my favorite RTTY Logger, but it saved my bacon this time. I'm sure I was using
only the most rudimentary N1MM features.

Conditions were pretty good. I could hear the east coast guys working EU almost
all day long, while those of us out west were whistling in the wind. That's
RTTY, though, almost every contest is a DX contest.

The action was non-stop, without the doldrums associated with some other
contests.

It was good to see all the equipment hold together, after some fireworks in
other recent contests. If the gear can handle RTTY, it can handle any mode.

Happy New Year to all!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.