[3830] RTTY Roundup OL6X(OK1DIG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1dig@seznam.cz
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup OL6X(OK1DIG) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:42:46 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: OL6X
Operator(s): OK1DIG
Station: OK1DIG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Horka
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  230
   40:  759
   20:  476
   15:    3
   10:
------------
Total: 1468  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 78  Total Score = 196,712

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

I thought that I wouldn't be able to take part this year.
Couple of hours befor the beginning I was walking my dogs,
when we were attacked by a free running staffordshire bull
terrier. After a horror fight my right hand was badly bitten
by the beast and one of my dogs was injured. I returned from
emergency and vet. at about 20 UTC and started the contest
at 21 UTC. I  really took the advantage of the GRAB feature
of the contest software, that eliminated most of the typing...
The contest was running nice, 40M was the runner, never got
a really good run on 80 however, but the S&P there was productive.
The morning propagation on 20m to east was poor and I ended up
only with 35 QSOs looged on 20 before taking the 2nd pause at
about 10 UTC, I was falling asleep anyway due to the effect
of the pain killers. After 2 hours brake I started on 20m a had
a nice runs to NA ending with 476 contacts before the band closed
at about 18:30 UTC. Went back to 40 and to my surprise the band
was already opened to NA... 40m was the workhorse here with 759
contacts and most of the DX mults worked there. 15m was almost dead
and nothing heard on 10m from here.
Worked 782 US staions, the only missing state was ND,
(wkd KH6 and KL7 for DXCC) and 58 x VEs.
All in all I did much better then last year, the total claimed score is
30% better, 260 contacts and 10 more mults.
Though working SO I enterd the M/S class due to ultilization
of the DX cluster in compliance with the rules.

HNY to all and CU in the next one.

73's Daniel OL6X ( OK1DIG ).

P.S. Hope to meet some of you in Riga on the CCF Contest meeting
     22-24 JAN.