[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, locustqrv@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:43:31 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - January 8

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      2
   80:  16     14
   40:  15     11
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     28  Total Score = 1,008

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After the QRS TBDC and 2 weeks of no NS, man was I out-of-shape (along with the
results of all the holiday foodfests) for the rip snortin' NS again.

If anyone outside CA missed the CA Mult on 20m, there was a flock of us around
14.040 with several local Q's made.  Pse look for us next week - ya just might
get lucky!

40m was tough and lots of loud signals on 80m but also got beat up a lot there.
 Definitely need a new antenna on 160m where I really take it in the shorts.

Heard KZ5D and I think N3BB, but out-of-sync.  Not a peep from K4BAI or W4NZ.
I think DanWAHHHHHH is on NS Vacation.

Tnx to Mr. Tractor, on Tuesday we finally got the delayed road repairs done
allowing access to Locust Peak.  Now it's supposed to start raining again ;-(
Not sure if I will have enough battery power for the full NAQP, as there has
hardly been any wind for the new wind turbine to make a contribution to the
cause.

The annual LQP (Locust QSO Party) is scheduled for Jan. 20th (USA time), but
still need to get the rules done and posted at http://www.k6vva.com/lqp

73 & HSNY (Happy SAFE New Year) to all, and Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust