[3830] NAQP CW K9MMS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K9MMS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:01:49 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.9

  160:  141    34
   80:  220    45
   40:  180    49
   20:  156    38
   15:   19     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  717   173  Total Score = 124,041

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

For me, the best rates were on 80 and 160.  I had a nice 2-hour CQ run on 80
that provided  200 QSOs.  The rate meter on 160 peaked at 136 per hour for a
while.  Missed (did not hear) a lot of common multipliers on 160.  The first
few hours were rather slow.  I spent too much time on the high bands for the
first 5.5 hours of op time.  CQ runs provided 61% of the total QSOs.

Radio: K3
Antennae: TH6 and ATB-34 for the high bands.  40-2CD, low fan dipole, inverted
V, Marconi, and short vertical for the low bands.

This is still one of my all-time favorite contests -- plenty of activity, it
does not take up an entire weekend, and we get to enjoy this twice each year.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.  Happy 2010 to all.
73,
    Gary