[3830] NAQP CW K3TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 02:51:13 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:   52    29
   80:  182    34
   40:  119    35
   20:  104    25
   15:   20     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  478   131  Total Score = 62,618

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 1

Comments:

TS-850 to Windom at 45', 51' T for 160

For this contest, I will select one excuse from the Other Commitments column
and one from the Antenna column:

1. Had a long standing sked to go out with friends to have dinner and see the
movie "Crazy Heart" when it opened, which happened to be this weekend. So, I
was on at the start for a few hours and at the end for a few hours. To add
insult to injury, when we got to the theater (2 hours before showtime) Crazy
Heart was sold out and the wives made us instead go see "Young Victoria" - I
hear the United Nations has outlawed showing this movie to male prisoners under
the Geneva Convention, but apparently wives are not subject to international
anti-torture laws.

2. For the NS Sprint, I had fixed the sophisticated base feed system for my
160m T antenna (an alligator clip under a tupperware box) on Thursday night.
When I went to go to 160m, no T antenna at the switch. Another trip out into
the yard with a flashlight at 2300 local. Those renovations, and the cold
weather and new snow, apparently attracted some varmints to use the tupperware
box as a warming hut and they took the alligator clip with them when they were
done. They left a nice pile of sunflower seed shells in return, though.

The hours I was on were a lot of fun - great conditions on 80m late and 40m
early. Since I only have a 500w amp, contest like NAQP are great because I'm
only at an antenna and skill disadvantage, not a power, antenna *and* skill
disadvantage...