[3830] NAQP CW K7SS Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7SS Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:59:48 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  276    91  Total Score = 25,116

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Hey that was FUN !!!  Saturday morning there's a monthly flea market I like to
attend, rummaging around looking through old postcards for old QSL Cards.
Starts at 9pm. Hey no problem....will be back in time for the start of NA...no
big deal.. well...not to be.  Got hung up and wound up shopping, and listening
to the start of NA in the car on the way home.  Got home around 11 (one hour
after start) and decided ok..im just gonna plunk around and have some fun
working so many of the old familiar calls from the last half a century of cw
contesting. So, for just a giggle i got out my trusty ol J-38 ca. 1940s Hand
Key, and plugged it in, thinking nostalgia. and to add to the fun, decided on
"Life's Too Short for...".... yes... QRP.

20 was in great shape and i seemed able to work everyone I called. Thats a
tribute to the great stations and ears out there in NA land. So I kept at it.
before long, the mult sheet was starting to fill up and it became a great game
in S&P w/ 5w and a hand key to try to work em all.

Took some half hour breaks for lunch, and visiting...and kept drifting back
into the shack for more.

around 5PM local time, 20 is a goner, 40 is going long, and 80 and 160 are not
yet open beyond the local states. So decided it was time for a 90 minute "Big
Lebowski" break, and dropped it in the DVD player. A Classic. thanks Dude.

Came back refreshed and finished up on 160 plunkin around...hearing lots of
midwest working each other and east coast, but couldnt work past W6 until the
last few minutes, when out of the noise N4OGW in MS came rollin thru, and
actually heard my puny plunking.

All in all a great Saturday !  My apologies to all who had to put up w/ my
funky
keying and very low power. Many slowed way down when replying....very
courteous.

Best hand key reply was from that speed merchant at K0RF, who shifted into
compound low and ditted and dahhed back at me... as well as Carl P49V who took
the time from his busy pile up to plunk along w/ me for a bit. best Q was N4OGW
on 160 right at the end.

Like i said....F U N !!

73
DanWa K7SS

so whats the PHONE equivalent of a hand key? .... AM ??  DSB ?  FM ?
c u in the Phone NAQP.  Might have to press the old DX40 into service.