[3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:07:15 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6.4

  160:   46    21
   80:  243    37
   40:   23    13
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  312    71  Total Score = 22,152

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 2

Comments:

Started about 2330Z Sat nite, by which time 40M was pretty far gone.  So this
turned out to be a single-plus-two-sixths band contest.  Lots of problems from
the local 50KW AM station on 1500 KHz, and other local hash.  18 months ago I
would not have believed that I could get twice as many QSOs on 160 as on 40.
With everybody crowded onto 80M, I could not even generate much "fresh meat"
response.  I did have some infrequent bursts of high rate.  At one point I was
tickled to notice that the logging software showed two consecutive minutes with
3 QSOs each.  I think that doubles my previous span of 180/hr operation (see
http://search.contesting.com/_3830/2006-01/msg00571.html)

I list myself as Team PVRC#2 because that's what the Robot sent back to me.  I
mentioned my planned operation on the PVRC Reflector, but did not get word that
I was on a Team.