[3830] NAQP SSB W4MJA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4MJA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4MJA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:48:32 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:03

  160:
   80:  101    34
   40:   82    24
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  183    58  Total Score = 10,614

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Did not plan on getting too involved in this one, but I wanted to test the new
K9AY loop I had put earlier this week. The results are fantastic! While CQing
on 80, a friend said to me that the band was real rough, and flipping over to
the TX antenna showed why. S7 noise and terrible QRN. Switching back to the
K9AY, S1 noise, and strong signals. This antenna is a keeper!
Nice signals from the West on 80, and 40 sure sounded good too. Did not need
all that many repeats on names and QTH's. The weakest link on this side was my
voice, which was recovering from a bad cold earlier this week.
Yaesu FT-1000MP+Mods, Writelog, Wires, K9AY on RX.