[3830] NAQP SSB K6LRG M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6LRG M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:57:47 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K6LRG
Operator(s): N6WM KI6BEN W5PO NS6T
Station: K6LRG

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Patterson Pass, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   34    12
   80:   94    15
   40:  161    35
   20:  388    51
   15:  103    24
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  781   138  Total Score = 107,778

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

The mission this time:  Let some less experienced contesters get a crack from a
decent station. Mission accomplished.

The team: Myself as station manager and part time Op, and several less
experienced contesters.  2 of which just have hours logged in contesting
chairs.  There was some "stop saying please copy"  and "dont make your cq's so
long" barked out, and maybe a bit too much non productive time that reduced
scores a bit, but I am sure we have 1 hooked and maybe several more including
visitors during the contest who listened on the monitor.

15.. eh ok I guess.

20 was the money, and crowded but seemed most sayed clear of the emergency
frequency allocations...

40 was odd, we were getting out, but the qso's seemed a bit sporadic, looking
forward to discussing the band condx on 40 with some other ops..  I was quite
dissapoined with the outcome on this band.

I had to split 80 and 160 from the same station due to isolation issues.  so a
bit of drama as we go back and forth..

Was extremely pleased that the new vertical for 160 is getting out.  Its a bit
rough on phone but we're making the shot.. still more work to do on it but it
works and thats a good thing.  Had a nice run on 160 toward the end.

Thanks to all for your patience while dealing with the new "dudes" and
hopefully we have some new contesters out of this!  Now back to business :-)

73, and Seeya next time!

Chris
N6WM