[3830] CQ160 CW N6WM(@K6LRG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6WM(@K6LRG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 01:34:13 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: K6LRG

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Patterson Pass, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 127  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 11  Total Score = 17,020

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Poor weather friday night scuttled any chance at a full effort, so stayed at
home friday.. wishing I was on the hill.  Saturday brought sun, and sun dried
slick roads, and so slip slided my way to the station for a few hours to a.
work some cw, b. test out new 160 radiator, 3. have some fun on Top band.

New K6LRG 160 radiator worked well, but was unable to deploy beverages, so it
was just me and our trusty new MA-160V with 8, yes countem, 8 temporary 30 foot
radials.  Band seemed in FB shape, and was working all over the country.  DX was
good too, during the 4 hour op window, picking up C6, CE1, SM2, EF8, CN, CR2,
TF, (XE, KH6, KL), and cracked a couple of good piles in the process.  I am
getting more optimistic about this antenna every time I use it.

Best of luck to all the full time operators out there, I will try and be a
better presence next year weather permitting.

Rig: K3/100
Amp: AL-800H
Antenna: Cushcraft MA-160V
On an 1860 ft hill