[3830] CQ160 CW G3TXF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G3TXF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:02:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Devon
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1486  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 73  Total Score = 1,111,420

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

A Topband dipole at 90ft and two short (350ft) beverages were put up especially
for the CQWW 160m Contest. Operated through the first night, up to 0900z. The
last DX station worked on the Saturday morning was VE3EJ at 0852z, a full hour
after our SR. Started up again at 1800z, but just could not keep going through
the whole night. Took a 3.5 hr sleep-break from 0100z to 0430z. The last DX QSO
on Sunday morning was N9NC at 0824z. Europeans were worked up to 0900z, and then
another 6.5 hours was taken off during Sunday morning/afternoon until about
1530z. Was then able to work through to the end. The 2200z start/end makes for
more civilised contest times (in EU at least!). My last mult was NP4A who
called me at 2102z on the Sunday, which must have been about two hours before
his SS. Heard BY4RF, VU2PAI and BU2AQ all with good signals in the minutes just
before the start of the Contest on Friday night, but never heard any of them
again in the ensuing mayhem of CQWW-160m.

73 - Nigel G3TXF