[3830] CQ160 CW VE9DX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE9DX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:44:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 344  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 40  Total Score = 178,622

Club:

Comments:

Sure was not a serious effort this time...  Friday night had a total of 2
contacts.  Finally last night got on for a bit and the pace picked up rapidly.
Took 20 minutes to run Europe only.  One would never know it as some big guns
from the U S just kept calling and calling.  Needless to say they did NOT make
it in the log.
Running low power and a very simple antenna makes it hard to be noticed across
the pond thus when I do get noticed, I take advantage of the chance.
Two hours wasted calling PQ0F.  That would have been a new one for me on 160
and likely I would have been a mult for them also.  They did copy VE9 a few
times but I could not get my complete call through.  They also picked up the DX
but just never pieced the call so I wait... Maybe next time.
Had no idea until after the contest and did not go hunting for DX pileups that
I had 40 countries worked.  Amazed once I noticed.  If I recall the only DX
stations I actually called were CR2X, OY6A, T70A, maybe the CR6 and CN2R.  The
rest came my way.
To those that did standby while I was working the DX, I thank you.
Quit around 4 am this morning when my batteries finally died.  The
disadvantages of battery power.
Another reason for the poor showing was that I spent time in the REF CW contest
as well.
Logs will be uploaded to LOTW shortly..  Thanks to all that called...
73 Andy (VE9DX)