[3830] CQ160 CW NR7Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NR7Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:00:29 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NR7Q
Operator(s): NR7Q
Station: NR7Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 242  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 5  Total Score = 32,725

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First time contesting on 160 meters. Getting an antenna to work properly was an
issue in my smaller city type lot.
1st quarter of the contest I was only running 10 watts due to rf problems.
Into the middle of the time period I managed to get the antenna to load at 50
watts. Last half of contest, I redesigned antenna as a long wire,
zigging and zagging with about 350' of wire.With this configuration I could run
my IC-746 at 100 watts.
 Missed a few states, and half of the Canadien provences. Surprised myself by
working three Japanese stations,
 and two Hawaii contacts. Maybe one of these contests in the near future will
not seem like field day due to antenna issues!

160 meters was Very challenging, but had a great time!

Jeff/ NR7Q -- Casa Grande