[3830] CQ160 CW DL0MB(DK6XZ) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL0MB(DK6XZ) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 03:38:59 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL0MB
Operator(s): DK6XZ
Station: DL0MB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Rastatt, JN48
Operating Time (hrs): 40

Total:  QSOs = 1213  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 75  Total Score = 730,206

Club:

Comments:

The DL0MB crew was not able to come together for this event. For me alone, it
was meaning 3 etape contesting with over 300 km driven between station and home
( partely a challenge, because of big snowfall on Sunday morning ). Due to some
technical troubles I have almost needed to cancel the entry minutes before the
start, but managed fortunately to change setup...

First 10 hours - 650 Q. The second 15 hours - 430 Q. Last etape of 5 hour - 133
Q. First night was good. In the second missed several possible states due to
high static noise coused by snowfall. We unfortunatelly have no space for long
beverages and as K9AY RX-ANT was broken in the storm lately, the reception
happened over switched tower anchors that were interferring badly with InvL. A
hard job, belive me!

In my handwriten statistics, over 100 DXCC entities were spotted. Happy to
managed to work almost all of them I could hear - except 1-2 ( tnx EU
no-RX-time pileups ). To log BD1BYV spent about 30 min calling; PQ0F in
comparison needed just two calls. JH4UYB was the only JA worked, even I hardely
tryed to "survive" in their sub-band. To miss EU multipliers ( IQ9, 9H, TA1 ) is
always very painful...

Statistics:
16% DX - 11% NA
199 DL, 122 K/W, 104 UA, 90 OK, 71 UR... 35 UA9, 14 VE...

The Elecraft K3 was performing an outstanding job. It showed definitive the
profile for me in this contest! Our inverted L consists of ~30 m vertical wire,
next to the tower, the rest slopes into direction central America. It worked
well as TX antenna.

Thank you all for the contacts and the patience. Congratulations to those who
managed 80+ DXCC´s. Special thanks to DK9IP bringing the stuff and helping me
to prepare the station.

See you soon in one of the next contests

73 Suad, DK6XZ ( E77XZ )