[3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 05:49:18 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

Total:  QSOs = 802  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 40  Total Score = 205,931

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Missed SD for WAS.

I arrived home from work at 2330Z and found the band packed solid from 1.8005
all the way up to 1.875.  After eating dinner, I made my first contact at
0007Z.  Last year's first hour rate was 102/hr.  This year's was 74/hr, and
things went down hill from there.

I have to agree with K1LT and AA1K and say conditions here were not the best.
I managed to snag a few Europeans during their SR Saturday morning, but
conditions seemed very average at best.  Sunday's EU SR was much better, but
very high QRN levels still made copy extremely difficult.

This year's score is down 75 Q's and 5 countries, 20% from last year.  Most of
that can be directly attributed to the operator.  I wasn't properly prepared
and fatigue set in, requiring too many breaks and naps throughout the contest.

Always a pleasure working friends, both old and new on 160.  Great to see lots
of new calls this year.

Thanks to all for the QSO's.  Thanks also to Julius for the pre-game report.

73 - Rick WB8JUI